last edited 2009/04/14 13:55 (*
This 3 wheel motocycle-like micro-car has been developed in 1990's already, and was revived in 2006 again and got its own web-site
- weight: 545kg (6.8 vehicle/body ratio @ 80kg human)
- seats: 2 (one faces front, 2nd seat faces backward)
- energy usage: 8kWh / 100km ~ 2.5L gasoline / 100km
- max. speed: 85 km/h or 50 MPH
- price: Euro 8,300 / US$ 10,000
It's a bit heavy with 545kg with only two seats, when one recalls the Loremo LS which has 550kg and 4 seats available. Yet, the SAM comes with an electric engine, and with 8kWh or equivalent apprx. 2-3L gasoline per 100km it's ok, but it could be better.