Sat, December 24, 2011: Public release of "Steve Reich Electronica" under Creative Commons BY-NC.
This is Steve Reich's work performed with solely electronic
instruments, which otherwise is played with acoustic instruments.
Ironically the acoustic interpretation of his work sounds like
performed with synthesizers due the spheric soundscape, in
particular the "Music for 18 Musicians".
- 01 - Music for 18 Musicians (Ken Yanagimoto) 55:54
- 02 - Eight Lines (Octet) (Ken Yanagimoto) 16:55
- 03 - Six Pianos (Ken Yanagimoto) 15:51
- 04 - Nagoya Marimbas (Ken Yanagimoto) 4:25
- 05 - Electric Counterpoint III. Fast (Ken Yanagimoto - Melodica) 4:29
- 06 - Vermont Counterpoint (Ken Yanagimoto - E. Organ) 8:35
- 07 - Electric Counterpoint (Ken Yanagimoto - E. Piano) 14:43
Total 119:45 (1h59m45s) in 7 tracks encoded as MP3 (155MB)
All songs as MP3 files, cover artwork and booklet
for iTunes or your MP3 player, 150MB
Release Date: 2011/12/24
Playtime: ~ 120 minutes
Genres: Avantgarde, Minimal Music, Electronic
Encoding: MP3 (192 kbps)
The music as well the artwork is licensed under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC 3.0
) you are entitled to share the tunes under the same license:
- Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- Attribution - You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial - You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
My deep thanks to Ken Yanagimoto for allowing me to compile his work and release it publically under CC-BY-NC.